Saturday, February 28, 2009

ONN will remain Massive for 2009


The Columbus Crew in partnership with Ohio News Network have announced that once again every regular season Crew game will be on TV for the third straight year. After dragging their feet on the announcement the news came with a little bit extra that made it worth the wait. In addition to carrying every single home and away Crew game, ONN will also be producing an original program dedicated entirely to the Crew called "CrewXtra". The show will be a behind the scenes look at the team along with analysis and a look at upcoming games. As if this wasn't good enough ONN also was able to secure the rights to broadcast the four sunday games that the Crew will be playing in english. This is a nice pick up for me personally as while my cable service gets FSC, ONN and ESPN2 for my crew fix, I do not have telefutura. I'm glad to hear that the Massive will once again be on TV for every home game and now I'll have something to watch Wednesday nights as well. However ONN is rather notorious for it's somewhat poor broadcast quality. While the play-by-play is good enough and production values of actually showing the game and not constant replays during the action (i'm looking at you espn). Their cameras have a "wrapped in cellophane" quality about them at times. If this is taken care of then I will have absolutely no complaints about ONN, and I'm glad to see their continuing partnership with the Crew.


No comments:

Post a Comment